An intensive training course to develop your communication skills
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
Everyone would agree to say that the ability to communicate effectively in public is a very important skill to have. Everyday, we face different situations that require us to express our thoughts, share our personal stories, present a project to our team, convince people… But when the core of our work implies to collaborate with people with very different backgrounds, to really engage youngsters in the long term, to raise awareness on certain topics, to connect people and accompany them in their learning process… this skill becomes crucial. Being an effective youth worker requires indeed to have superb communication skills. Having this superpower helps organize better our everyday work and projects, from an activist campaign to the activities of a summer camp.
Unfortunately, this is a skill the majority of the people don’t really get the chance to practice at school (despite a couple of oral presentations). What if you never had the chance to be on the stage? What if nobody ever gave you constructive feedback about your strengths and weaknesses when sharing your ideas? What if you haven’t managed yet to develop enough self-confidence to face a big group and defend your ideas? Then you (and your organisation) have a handicap.
Don’t worry, many people working in NGOs share the same issue: not being able to really connect with an audience. For all those who feel this lack, we are developing Speak Factor.
The skills you can improve with this training course
– Efficient communication in given situations
– Preparation and presentation of an official speech
– Express your thoughts and feelings
– Give and receive constructive feedback
– How to handle your stress when speaking in public
– Body language
– Team work
– Intercultural dialogue
… all of this in a benevolent and enriching environment.
– Youth leaders, youthworkers, workers in NGOs or volunteers (minimum 18 years old)
– Able to understand and communicate in English
– Ready to get out of their comfort zone and work on their personal development
– Officially resident of one of the countries involved in the project (see below)
– Available for the whole duration of the project
– Willing to develop their public speaking skills through non formal education activities in a friendly atmosphere
– Ready to actively participate to the different sessions of the project (learning process seen as an horizontal dynamic, not a top down one)
From which countries?
WHAT TO EXPECT?
1) A professional training course
Certified Training Course
All the participants that will complete the training course will be given an official Youthpass Certificate that can be valued on the Labour Market.
The training course will be prepared and implemented by two professional trainers that already have experience in the field of communication and public speaking.
Participative Training Course
We always shape our training courses in such a way that the participants are highly encouraged to bring and share their own ideas, points of view and creativity during the different sessions of the project.
2) A fully covered project
Up to the limit defined by the European Commission for your country of origin (see below)
Public youth hostel with all the necessary facilities
Three meals and two coffee
breaks per day
France, Italy, Portugal: 275€
Estonia, Greece, Macedonia, Romania: 360€
How to apply?
Get in touch with our partner localised in your country of residence and let them know that you are interested in joining the project
“Speak Factor” organized by the association Xeración.