WHO ARE WE?
«Adults for Children» Association is a non-profit organization located in Sępólno Krajeńskie, a town in the north western part of Poland.
We have started our activities in 1999. We work for children, youth, adults and people with disabilities. Main areas of activity: education and social assistance as well as information and culture. We run: Non-public Teacher Training Center (NPDN), Occupational Therapy Workshop (WTZ), Commune Information Center (GCI), Tourist Information Point and Consultation and Prevention Point for Counteracting Drug Addiction, Little Child and Family Center, which houses a nursery school and a Toddler Club. Our every day work is focused on providing a wide range of actitities aimed at local community development not only in our institutions but also during organised events and projects.
As part of the Youth in Action and Erasmus + Programmes, we organized (and still organize) international trainings for youth workers and teachers aswell as Youth Exchanges. So far, we have organized around 20 such trainings, however our greatest achievement in the field of international cooperation are projects of mobility of volunteers. For more than 17 (from 2005) years we’ve been a part of this prorgamme as hosting, sending and coordinating organisation. So far, we have hosted 81 volunteers.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Aged between 18 and 30
- Ready to live in a small town
- Basic knowledge of English
We do not require volunteers to have predetermined skill sets or ability to
perform activities, only inquisitiveness and openness to learning new things that may be needed for
activity. We do not require advanced knowledge of English from participants, we only require that they
have basic knowledge of English and openness to learning Polish. If you are energetic, creative, open
and independent and ready to work with children, teenagers and people with intellectual disabilities, this is the right place for you.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Polish language classes
- Food/pocket money (€100 per month for food, every month volunteers will receive pocket money (€4 per day) for their own expenses)
- Health insurance
- Local mentor
- Working hours (The volunteers work should not exceed 36 hours per week. Work 5 days a week (Monday to Friday). For every month of work each of them can get two extra days free. They can accumulate the days and take longer holidays. All volunteers will work in 3 different facilities)
- Accommodation (Volunteers are going to be ensured with a separate flat in a block of flats. We have 2 flats for volunteers with 3 separate bedrooms (one separate room for each volunteer). Volunteers will be provided with a standard equipment and essential household goods
- Travel cost refund
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Occupational Therapy Workshops for people with disabilities
- Help instructors with preparation and leading particular workshops
- Prepare and lead engagements
Therapeutic day-room for children and teenagers from difficult backgrounds:
- Help instructors with preparations for outdoor games
- Help with homework
- Attend in organized trips
Little child and family center (for kids from 3 months old to 3 years old)
- Taking care of kids
- Watching and playing in the playground
- Help with feeding, dressing and changing children’s clothes
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS JOURNEY?
You are two simple steps away: send your CV & Motivation Letter via email: email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS January 30th 2023, so don’t wait, apply today!
We will start processing and selecting in order of application, so as soon as you apply. Upon receipt of
applications, the board of «Adults for Children» Association will decide whether the presented profile is
appropriate for our activities. Qualified candidates will be invited to online interview to evaluate
motivation and personality. After the interview, the board of «Adults for Children» Association will
make a decision and inform chosen candidates about qualifying them for the volunteering project.